Advice For New A7R II Owner On Full Manual Operation

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,120
Re: Advice For New A7R II Owner On Full Manual Operation

Actually, one thought: for the Nikon adapter and lenses, try setting the lens to F22 and see if you can set the aperture on the camera. There may be some setup you need to do for the adapter, though, to tell it what lens you have attached.

On my D200, an AI-s lens has to be used in M mode, and the aperture is set on the lens aperture ring. An AF-Nikkor lens, though (screw drive), has its aperture ring set to F22 and the actual aperture is set using the camera's control wheels.

When I use an AI-s lens on my A7R2, there's an Open/Close ring on the adapter that needs to be set to closed, and the aperture is then set using the aperture ring on the lens. If I forget to set the ring to closed, the aperture remains wide open regardless of what's set on the ring.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D200 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow