Red focusing flash stopped working on Canon 6D Mark ii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Slavuta New Member • Posts: 3
Red focusing flash stopped working on Canon 6D Mark ii

PLEASE HELP!

Hey, guys.

This regarding the function of autofocus points flashing red to indicate focus locking in on Canon 6D Mark ii.

I do have it set to Enabled under 'C Fn II: Autofocus, 15'. And it did work by flashing red, to begin with. Yes, the whole panel of points flashing red is distracting (compared to a single point, as it used to be),u bI'd still rather have it on, as it helps me with focusing on the fly.

As of recently though, it stopped flashing red. Noww I'm shooting through viewfinder (so not in live mode), I can just see the little square icon of the central focus point, with no more red flash occurring during focus. I wonder what has changed. Could this actually be a malfunction? I suspect that it's more likely that some settings have gotten changed. But I can't work out which.

For your reference, I'm shooting through the viewfinder, using Ai Servo AF mode set to option 1 ('Initial AF point selected'), as set under C Fn II: Autofocus, 11'. I tried with it set to option 0 as well, which is just 'Auto'. Same thing both ways -- no more red flash, even though all the focus settings appear to be the same.

Any idea how to bring back the 'red flash' during focusing? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.

Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow