Need Tripod Suggestions for 50-140 and 100-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sshapiro Forum Member • Posts: 98
Need Tripod Suggestions for 50-140 and 100-400

All,

I have a Fotopro C5i, which I use as a travel tripod with my X-T20. I recently purchased the XF 50-140mm as well as the 2.0 TC. I use a tripod infrequently and the Fotopro has worked okay with the 50-140mm so far. However, with a ball head the Fotopro only comes up to about 52" (center column down) and I would like to get something that can go taller without having to use a center column. I am six feet tall and would like to get a tripod that would raise the EVF to about 68 inches without using a center column.

I plan to keep the Fotopro as a travel tripod and am looking for a second tripod that will be used for more critical work, including landscapes. I won't be hiking or traveling with the second tripod, so it can be heavier than the Fotopro (which is about 3.5 lbs.). I came across a product made by Innorel, the RT-90C , that is probably overkill, but the price of under $300 makes it seem like a very good value. I want something that can support the full range of X series cameras and lenses, but I also want something that could potentially support GFX series equipment too. I might be picking up an XF 100-400mm lens and a larger X series body in the next year as well.

The Innorel is a heavy duty carbon fiber tripod that can support up to 88 lbs. according to the manufacturer. I like the height it provides, about 67" with a ball head and no center column. The weight, of over six lbs., isn't a big concern of mine, but I don't want to buy something that is way over the specifications that a mirrorless camera will need. Is the Innorel product, or a similar tripod from another company, way beyond what I should consider? I'm hoping to make a single tripod purchase that will last me for many years.

Thanks in advance!

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow