Are any of the free Photoshop alternatives any good?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Del 1957 New Member • Posts: 4
Are any of the free Photoshop alternatives any good?

Hi

i recently got back into photography after many years when my old Pentax Super A and lenses just gathered dust and am loving this new world of digital photography that’s opened up to me.

Just after I got my new Canon 200D I found a free version of Lightroom and downloaded that onto my iPad and this has been working well for me so far but someone has suggested that I should photograph a particular location at our local boat club and turn the images into large prints for display in the clubroom (that’s a whole separate story!).

The problem is that there are various items around and attached to the buildings which just aren’t very photogenic - poles with all sorts of things attached, water pipes running up the walls, No Parking signs, etc which would really detract from the end result so, if the images are going to look at all attractive these things need to be edited out.

Photoshop is the obvious programme to use but there are a number of free alternatives and I was wondering if they are any good? Anyone got any suggestions?

Or should I just bite the bullet and pay for Photoshop?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow