Printer Advice - Canon Pro100, Pro10, or Epson P600

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
itguy08 Contributing Member • Posts: 622
Printer Advice - Canon Pro100, Pro10, or Epson P600

Looking to get back into printing, mainly for myself and family - not really looking to do any selling yet.  Maybe some day a long ways down the future.  I've had many photo printers before - an old Epson, an old Dye Canon, an Epson R1800, and HP B9100.  So I've had a mix of both over the years.

I'm currently looking at the Canon Pro100 (Dye), and Pro1 (Pigment) and the Epson R600 (Pigment).  Printing needs will be mainly luster and maybe a hint of matte and some playing with canvas.  I mainly do landscape and animal pictures with some macros thrown in there.

I was leaining towards the Canon Pro100 until I read about fading.  I remember the prints from my old Canon were particularly bad in that respect but that was using the old BCI inks (circa 2005).  I'm sure the modern inks are better.

Then I looked at the Pro1 and liked that until I read a few reviews that they had issues with prints being much darker than the screen.  That was one thing that frustrated me with my R1800 and to a lesser extent the HP.  It seemed hard to get prints that came close to the screen.

The Epson seems good but it's at the top of the price range.   Reviews seem to be mostly positive but I worry about clogs as I may go a bit without printing.

Anyone have any comments, suggestions, or any ideas on those 3 or one I may have missed?

itguy08's gear list:itguy08's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow