Slowing it down: all manual focus primes?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SystemAgnostic Contributing Member • Posts: 815
Slowing it down: all manual focus primes?

So I'm a Panasonic micro 4/3 user.  I love my GH5 and lenses.  I used to be quite a bit of a "spray and pray" shooter.  I've learned to refrain myself considerably in the past year, sometimes I still shoot more than I want.  And I rely on post processing too much I think.  I feel that slowing it down even more may be better for me to actually become a better photographer.  Taking my time, choosing my shots with care, and then bam:  be stuck with the results.

One shot at a time, no editing in raw.  And why not manual focus while I'm at it.  Old school style.  To be honest I had a cheap SLR, but never and old school good camera with dials.  I'm thinking of getting a used X-E2S and a couple manual focus lenses, probably the 7artisans the 25mm 1.8 and 35mm 1.2.  I may top it off with a 50mm eventually.

My goal isn't pixel peeping perfection.  It is just the opposite.  Have some fun and see if I like it.

Alas, I have no intention to sell my micro 4/3 gear, especially since I like to take video.  So this will be a part time back to basics setup.  And I could do all of this with my current gear, but who doesn't want another camera setup, especially on a budget of less than $500 for this.

Anyone try this more than just occasionally?  Anyone stick with it?  Thoughts?

SystemAgnostic's gear list:SystemAgnostic's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more
Fujifilm X-E2S Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
KFo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow