Beware of installing Adobe Cloud manager

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
calson Forum Pro • Posts: 10,002
Beware of installing Adobe Cloud manager

We have been using CS6 with a volume license since 2012 on our computers. I made the mistake of doing a trial of Adobe Cloud for Photoshop and at the end of the trial I removed Adobe Cloud Manager and Photoshop CC.

Now we get the message "that "We are having trouble verifying your membership". In checking online I found that this problem goes back to 2013 and the problem is embedded in the Cloud Manager application.

I spoke to 7 people in 5 different Adobe departments before I reached someone who told me that our perpetual license had "expired". Adobe management has decided to end the perpetual licenses for their software and as they have a virtual monopoly they can do whatever they want.

We will be converting all our PSD files into layered TIFF with batch runs and then going 100% to Affinity for all our future work. We hoped to transition into a standalone product and thanks to Adobe we are now accelerating this work.

Adobe has also cancelled support for third party applications that link into Photoshop and so one day you may find that something you rely on for your work, no longer functions.

All of our current Adobe applications including Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign, and Dreamweaver, were purchased from the companies that created them and then when Adobe bought them up we were forced to go with the re-branded product and now it is all going to subscriptions using web servers and authentication. We found alternatives for everything to use on our new work and fortunately we avoided using Adobe's proprietary formats as much as possible.

If you have standalone licenses and want to try an Adobe Cloud application I suggest you do it on a standalone computer that can be reformated later and keep it separate from your production machines.

-- hide signature --

“What was once on the extreme right is now merely conservative.. “What was once conservative is now centrist. What was centrist is now left wing. What was once on the left no longer exists.” - Cass Sunstein law professor

calson's gear list:calson's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D850
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow