Automatic ISO Feature (in Canon Cameras?)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
flyinglentris
flyinglentris Contributing Member • Posts: 677
Automatic ISO Feature (in Canon Cameras?)

In my constant photographic readings and research, this little gem about an Automatic ISO feature keeps cropping up.

For those who are not familiar, the feature is applicable to semi-automatic modes, Aperture Priority (Av) and Shutter Priority (Tv) and allows the photographer to set limits on a range of ISO settings that the camera should use when it automatically sets ISO. The feature can also allow setting a range of shutter speeds which the camera should automatically use when Aperture Priority is selected. Certainly, at issue would be the fact that if the ISO range and shutter speed range are not carefully thought out, the chances of image noise, blown out highlights and shadow clipping are magnified. But apparently, having the feature enables photographers to hone in on specific shooting parameters when they use semi-automatic shooting modes.

Every time I come across mention of this feature, it appears as a Nikon feature and I have no idea whether it appears anywhere as a Canon camera feature, perhaps buried in the depths of Custom Functions as Back Focusing is. Does Canon support an Automatic ISO feature?

BTW:   My Canon cameras are the 5D Mk II and the 1Dx Mk II G.

-- hide signature --

"If you are among those who believe that it has all been done already and nothing new can be achieved, you've murdered your own artistry before ever letting it live. You abort it in its fetal state. There is much that has yet to be spoken in art and composition and it grows with the passage of time. Evolving technologies, world environments and ideologies all drive change in thoughts, passion and expression. There is no way that it can all ever be done already. And therein lies the venue for the creative artist, a venue that is as diverse as the universe is unmapped and unexplored." - Quote from FlyingLentris
~
flyinglentris in LLOMA

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow