Z 50 size including VR lenses compared to Z7

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ballwin12 Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: Update

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

ballwin12 wrote:

I cannot officially confirm but I was told after a text message to the UK technical department a message came back saying VR availability for the DX lenses on FX bodies would be incorporated in the next Z6/7 firmware upgrade.

If the next firmware upgrade arrives this month - presumably those getting an early pre order will be able to use the in lens VR within weeks if they want to attach either DX lens to an FX body.

I'm not sure if I understand your last two paragraphs ;-), but I know at this time Z50 does not have IBIS and two new Z DX lenses have VR.

It is actually simple.

Right now the VR feature in these 2 DX lenses, at least with the sample versions, does not operate if fitted to a Z6 or Z7.

AF does.

The indications from inside Nikon UK is that that VR with these 2 lenses will become available on S FX bodies with the next firmware upgrade for the Z6 & 7.

An indication from inside Nikon is likely to be right - but is not the same as an official confirmation from Nikon about the features in the next firmware update.

Thank for your explanation! But I'm wondering why VR of new DX Z lenses are important on Z6/7 since these two bodies have IBIS?

It would be more helpful if there is some kind of electronic VR when attach S-line lenses to Z50 body, in my opinion.

ballwin12's gear list:ballwin12's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow