Nikon’s false claim of impact on Z6 Locked

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
DezM
DezM Forum Pro • Posts: 35,022
Nikon’s false claim of impact on Z6

From my post in a Facebook Z Group: Update on what I thought would be a warranty repair on my Z6. On Monday, I drove to Nikon USA in Melville, NY to get this done under warranty (camera is not a year old yet):

"The rubber was peeling off the memory card compartment door and grip, as well as a slight tear on the rubber to the eyepiece. I also wanted the Auto White Balance checked due to inconsistency"

They forwarded me a repair estimate due to "impact". There was NO impact on my camera. I baby my cameras but use them weekly. The only thing noticeable on my Z6 is the slight peeling of rubber on the memory card compartment door. Check out the estimate attached. Ridiculous. Spoke with a rep at length disputing this impact claim. I'm awaiting emailed photos of the supposed impact damage from Nikon and want to fight this claim.

Here are photos of my Nikon Z6 the day before my drive to Nikon, on a photo shoot. My friend took the shots. There is no impact damage.

Have any of you experienced this? Got to say, I’m thoroughly disappointed. I’ve never had an issue with Nikon USA until now, after owning and servicing my old D80, D300, D610, D750, Nikon D850 and now Z6. This is how a long time Nikon owner is treated?
--
Dez
https://www.dezsantana.com

DezM's gear list:DezM's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6
Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon D80 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow