Sony's come a long way

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Corelli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,847
Re: Sony's come a long way

I'm sure Jim Kasson would know more about this, but I believe that the latest generation of digital cameras have more dynamic range and resolution than 35mm film. Not sure about medium format.

And yes, lenses, in particular zoom lenses, have improved dramatically over what was available 20 years ago. Of course there are many photographers that use older vintage lenses for a certain "look".

And I am/was in same boat concerning what I was willing to pay for a camera and lenses. My last film camera was the Canon/Colani designed T-90 which I LOVED.

Today it's a Sony A7rii which far exceeds my own photographic skills. I would never have dreamt of spending 2 grand on a camera and another 10 on lenses! But I have to say I really do enjoy them all and my wife loves my photos which is all the confirmation I need

Cheers

-- hide signature --

Visit my galleries at:
http://beautiful-life.smugmug.com/

Corelli's gear list:Corelli's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a7R II Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow