Selling on eBay nightmare story

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bear Dale
Bear Dale Senior Member • Posts: 1,079
Selling on eBay nightmare story

A friend on mine upgraded to a Z7 and listed their D850 (shutter count under 10,000) on eBay.

It sold.

Five (5) months later (yes 5 months later) he got a complaint from the buyer 'Not as described' regardless of the emails and telephone calls that my friend made to eBay they sided with the buyer (a buyer has 180 days/6 months to lodge a complaint) PayPal deducted the sale price and postage price almost immediately from his account.

A week later the D850 arrived back to him (same serial number) the camera looked worn straight away as soon as he saw it. He checked the shutter count and it was over 160,000 !!!!!!!!!

He contacted eBay and they listened, but said that the matter as far as they were concerned was concluded and wiped their hands of it. This is the second time I've known of a similar thing happening to a seller.

Bear Dale's gear list:Bear Dale's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR +2 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow