Z 50 size including VR lenses compared to Z7

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ballwin12 Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: Update

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

I handled the Z 50 and 2 the DX lenses again this morning - when part of the 3 item Z50 kit order arrived at the shop I was visiting.

The Nikon rep was present - with trade samples.

The tiny 16-50 does not have any switches at all - manual focus when you want it is set from the Z50 menu.

The 50-250 has an AF on/off switch on the lens barrel.

With both lenses on a Z 50 there is a menu choice of VR off or VR sport as well as normal VR.

For those not familiar with the Z6/7 this is exactly as with the FX Z lenses I have handled - where a press of the OK button, having quickly selected the IBIS/VR menu option, gives the same 3 VR/IBIS choices.

Several in the shop (including me) tried the sample DX lenses on a Z6 and Z 7.

The VR/IBIS menu option was greyed out - and IBIS did not appear to take over on the FX bodies.

I cannot officially confirm but I was told after a text message to the UK technical department a message came back saying VR availability for the DX lenses on FX bodies would be incorporated in the next Z6/7 firmware upgrade.

If the next firmware upgrade arrives this month - presumably those getting an early pre order will be able to use the in lens VR within weeks if they want to attach either DX lens to an FX body.

I'm not sure if I understand your last two paragraphs ;-), but I know at this time Z50 does not have IBIS and two new Z DX lenses have VR.

ballwin12's gear list:ballwin12's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow