X100F Left Side of Photos Out of Focus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP David Cooke New Member • Posts: 11
Re: X100F Left Side of Photos Out of Focus

Follow-up on my X100F. I received my X100F back from the repair center after a very reasonable turn around time and not including shipping time of about a week.

Included in the box, a document stating lens replaced, cleaned and CMOS adjusted.

I checked the repairs and found no obvious difference with the images after the repairs. Images are still soft left side at infinity focus.

During the repair check I took some infinity focus photos with the focus area in the center, which were soft on the left side, similar or almost exact to what the results were prior to the repair. I also took images with the focus area to the extreme left during infinity focus and the images were then sharp on the left side, although the center and right side were somewhat soft as compared to center focusing. I'm somewhat baffled by this.

I contacted the repair center, we had a discussion that mentioned there's a chance the lens and camera body are not in alignment. They also checked to see if there's an adjustment for this and found the X100F doesn't have this adjustment. The person answering my call was very professional and knowledgeable. I was promptly sent an emailed label to cover shipping back to the repair center. The camera is there now, I'll reply again with the results.  Thanks for reading and the replies.

David Cooke's gear list:David Cooke's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X100F Nikon D300 GoPro Hero6 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow