I think my Sony a7iii is broken

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zBernie Regular Member • Posts: 469
I think my Sony a7iii is broken

I've had the a7iii for about a week. Tonight I received he Sony 70-300mm lens, I was trying to take a photo, and noticed that the f-stop simply displayed "F--". There is also no picture on the display or the EVF. It is showing the camera settings though. The firmware is current at 3.01. I read another thread here and someone suggested that it the issue occurs with another lens, then the camera has a defective contact. Great.

I'm going to reset the camera to factory defaults, see if that helps, but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this camera.

Any suggestions as to what to do with the camera would be appreciated.

UPDATE:  Well, I went to reset or rather initialize the camera, scrolled to the menu item, and was unable to select this or any other menu items.  So, I removed the battery for about a minute, replaced it, and everything seems to be working normally again.

The box that this camera was shipped in from amazon looked like someone was playing soccer with it.  It was bad enough I took pictures.  I'm debating on whether to send it back.  What a PIA!

zBernie's gear list:zBernie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow