Monument Valley versus OLYMPUS!

Started 1 week ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Weegee
Weegee Senior Member • Posts: 2,456
Monument Valley versus OLYMPUS!

On my recent trip to a few of the national parks, I hesitated between my Linhof 4 x 5 or my Olympus EM1-II. Having gotten lazy in my old age, the Olympus was a no brainer. A tiny chip versus a big piece of film. Worth a try!

As most "vacation" travel, we get up at 8-9 AM and get where we want to be around 10 or 11. Not the best time to photograph. And, by 5 PM, we're beat and just looking to rest before dinner. No sunsets or night shots. However, that's a vacation as opposed to a job.

Here are some B & W conversions made from the color photos. Some of you will like them and some of you will not. That's life today. Personal taste. You can't please everyone so please yourself ( was that a Ricky Nelson song? ).

I include a photo of my equipment....for you gear heads. Also, if you want to see the color versions, you can go here:https://cdelbert.zenfolio.com/p71791628

Overall, I was very pleased with the Olympus and will make it my life-long companion ( how long will that be! ).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow