Why not EM1 II?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cressersOMD New Member • Posts: 10
Why not EM1 II?

I am a MFT user, probably classified as a keen hobbyist. Some sports but mostly journal photographs with the occasional ‘art for arts sake’ pictures.

I had SRL and FF DSLR but found them very cumbersome and, as a result, they didn’t get taken out of the bag much.

The PEN was a revelation. I loved it, took it around Bolivia and Peru for a few weeks: jungle, salt plans, cities, mountains. From very hot to very cold. At that time I was pretty much a P settings snapper. I’ve got a bit more of a hold on settings now, though.

Unfortunately, towards the end of that trip the PEN stopped working. There was some corrosion around the lens mount, not worth repairing so I moved to an E-M10, mark 0!

Love this camera as well but it’s bit dated so was thinking of upgrading to the long awaited E-M5 Mark III.

However, the price point has raised some questions. It’s not so far from the EM-1 so which would be the better?

Is there anything the E-M5 III has that the E-M1 II doesn’t (aside from Bluetooth)? Live Composite sounds like fun! Focus stacking I guess is pretty standard now which would be good for macro. DOF preview? Anything else on the menu system that is missing?

I guess it will come down to handling if there’s no other reason so a visit to a retailer will be on the cards.

Thanks.

Olympus E-M5 III Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow