Thoughts on Sony 70-350mm lens for A6500 and A7RIV

Started Nov 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
dr jim Veteran Member • Posts: 6,734
Re: A few shots. (OK, a lot of shots)

I took my first birding walk today with this lens. I bought the 70-350 to use with my A6400 with hopes of being able to replace the RX10IV as my walking around birding kit so I took them both and shot a few parallel shots. Over all I was pretty pleased with the 70-350 and think it may be time to say good bye to the RX10. My only hesitation is that the RX10 is much better for (better MFD) flowers, bugs etc. and that is significant for me particularly spring and summer when the birds are scarce, but the wildflowers. butterflies and bees are plentiful. Hmmmmm. Anyway, here are a few shots from today, straight out of camera except for the last one, the hawk which has been run through Topaz DeNoise AI. The national Geographic won't be calling anytime soon, but I was generally pleased. I'd like 100 extra mm, but you can't have everything.

-- hide signature --

Just my opinion and just for fun!
Jim

dr jim's gear list:dr jim's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow