Problems with DXO Photo Lab 1

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 10,191
Re: Problems with DXO Photo Lab 1

Searching wrote:

sankos wrote:

I had a somewhat similar issue with Photolab 2 when running it on Win 8.1. The splashcreen would show up and the application hang. I had to kill the DxO process in Task Manager. Then I'd start the program again and it would start and work normally until I rebooted the system. Then I had to do the 2-step start-up again.

The problem stopped as soon as I moved to Win 10.

I'm in windows 10 now.

I notice that when I download the software after erasing everything, it reinstalls in Program files and not Program files x64. I have a 64 bit PC. Not even sure if that makes a difference.

Anyone know if that is the way its supposed to download?

Yes, because "Program Files" is for 64-bit, "Program Files(x86)" is for 32-bit.

"On 64-bit versions of Windows, 64-bit applications install to the Program Files folder. However, 64-bit versions of Windows also support 32-bit programs, and Microsoft doesn’t want 32-bit and 64-bit software getting mixed up in the same place. So, 32-bit programs get installed to the “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder, instead."

https://www.howtogeek.com/129178/why-does-64-bit-windows-need-a-separate-program-files-x86-folder/

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow