Why choose the EOS M system over the R?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
PaddyC Regular Member • Posts: 372
Re: Why choose the EOS M system over the R?

I've shot with a lot of cameras over the years both film and digital. It's taken me far too long to get here:

1. You probably need less than you think you need. If you can get that sorted out you will save yourself lots of time and money.

2. Size and weight. For most photographers bigger and heavier is almost never a plus. Small and light is great.

3. Full frame offers some advantages but they really aren't as great as a lot of people think. In relation to film, "full frame" digital is just 35mm. And no one ever thought that was big enough. Heck, 6 x 4.5 was looked down upon. It's interesting how the goal posts moved with digital.

I used to have a 6D and 50 1.2. Now I have an M50 and 32 1.4. Sure there's a difference. But at the end of the day you are going to be hard pressed to find it most of the time and, even when you do, it really doesn't matter that much.

PaddyC's gear list:PaddyC's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow