There will be a brief outage for database maintenance in approximately 2 hour(s) 52 minutes

a7R IV Auto-HDR menu missing

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Entropy512 Senior Member • Posts: 4,665
Re: a7R IV Auto-HDR menu missing

zoomo wrote:

Skylum's Aurora can make very nice HDR's from just one picture.

RawTherapee has some quite nice tonemapping implementations too.  I've been quite impressed by the performance of Fattal '02.  (RT's module that implements it is named Dynamic Range Compression in the UI)

Sometimes aggressively tonemapping a single RAW even from a recent Sony leads to noise issues though, that's what HDRMerge is for.  HDRMerge can create a DNG that uses the "best" pixels from each input image, leading to a single raw file that has VERY low shadow noise.  Feed that to RT and you can do quite a bit!

HDRMerge has an automatic batch mode that will detect bracket sequences as long as they were taken more than a few seconds from each other.

-- hide signature --

Context is key. If I have quoted someone else's post when replying, please do not reply to something I say without reading text that I have quoted, and understanding the reason the quote function exists.

Entropy512's gear list:Entropy512's gear list
Sony a6000 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sony a6300 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow