Thoughts on Sony 70-350mm lens for A6500 and A7RIV

Started Nov 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP lovehifi Contributing Member • Posts: 752
Re: Thoughts on Sony 70-350mm lens for A6500 and A7RIV

Well I did get hold of another copy and much better! However I have decided to pass on it now that I have tried a working copy. It is a nice zoom. Lightweight and feels good on both my R4 and A6500. I really liked the rendering and the bokeh. Colors really popped in backgrounds. The bokeh was smooth where it needed to be. That's the good stuff. Sharpness is just okay especially at the long end. At the short end much better. My 100-400mm GM is much better it in detail and sharpness though. I did not think it was even as sharp as my previous 70-300mm. At least at the long end. My previous 70-300mm was a darn good copy though. Don't get me wrong. The 70-350mm is sharp enough, but nothing crazy spectacular. One thing I did not like about it. If was slow to lock focus especially zoomed out. Maybe I am just use to my 100-400mm. It even focus hunted a few times on things that should have been easy. Of course all of this is just my experience and opinions. Other opinions and experiences may differ.

lovehifi's gear list:lovehifi's gear list
Sony a7C
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow