Manual Setting - What I've Discovered

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alan Russell
Alan Russell Regular Member • Posts: 124
Manual Setting - What I've Discovered

A challenging Learning curve yet productive benefits when you work in "Manual" for Stills and 4k Video

Understanding the ZOOM lengths by trial and error can broaden your knowledge of the P1000 10 fold.   The 3000mm does set limits at F8 where you can only adjust the speed setting in Manual.   Below that the F-Stop falls to F5.6 depending on how much lower you adjust that Zoom.    Planets, Moon and Stars above 3000mm and the resulting image of "Fine" allows beyond the 3k to 12k limit does lock you in at F8.   Here the ISO needs to be played with but the color result needs to be view in the EVF carefully.  I use a Manfrotto Tripod with a Bogen head for rock solid stability at 12k, the cheaper tripods just don't cut it.   You MUST use the Nikon Wireless Remote control when a tripod is used >3k zoom.   There are just no start and stop shakes.  I am enjoying the camera immensely with my post editing software:  PS CC 2019  LR CC 2019 and Magix Pro Editor Plus 2020.   It just gets better and better.  I hope that everybody is enjoying the P1000

Last Night's Waxing Moon - South Florida USA   Zooms:  3k  and >6k  Manual Setting

Alan Russell's gear list:Alan Russell's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow