Will Nikon survive the difficult time of ILC's? Locked

Started Nov 3, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
RaLuC Regular Member • Posts: 426
Will Nikon survive the difficult time of ILC's?

As a long time Nikon supporter and with now over a year break from any news regarding the current situation on the market, I just recently read a lot about the market losses of traditional ILC manufacturers and a dramatic collapse of overall market size due to smartphone sales. Especially Nikon lost a huge amount of market share and also doesnt seem to convince with their current MILC iterations.

I am really very worried about the future of Nikon, share price is almost on an alltime low and also the financial basis doesnt look very promising

I am constantly asking myself, if a switch to Sony would be a good choice or if I should just stay with Nikon and wait for the 2nd. gen of MILC.

I am quite happy whit the Z6/Z7 but its always difficult when you know that there is something better out there and your gear may soon be completely worthless...

What do you guys think, will Nikon survive the next three years? Is it worth to wait for Nikon to pick up? Will they be able to pick up at all or is this a race against time?

RaLuC's gear list:RaLuC's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kiw
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow