Trying the FTZ ... confused...

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
whimsicalmike
whimsicalmike Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Re: Trying the FTZ ... confused...

pnart wrote:

I recently got the FTZ to use with my Z7. Up until now I've used the kit 24-70 f/4 "S" but I have 14 Nikkor F mount lenses I use with my D800 and D810 that I'm eager to try out. My understanding was that the ones with built-in motors, e.g., 70-200 f2.8 VR, should work normally (and they seem to) and the other ones will require manual focus and aperture. I don't mind doing that - I'm an old-school film guy so I'm used to setting every last thing manually.

But with my D lenses (e.g., 20mm f/2.8 D) when I put the lens on it says "Lock lens aperture ring at minimum aperture" which is f/22, so I do that. But if I try to manually set any other aperture, say, f/5.6 on the aperture ring I get fEE and r12 and the camera won't let me take a picture. What's up with this?

Thanks in advance!

put the aperture ring on the lens to the minimum position, leave it there, then control aperture with the command dial on the body

whimsicalmike's gear list:whimsicalmike's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow