fastest way to offload pics from sd card to ssd WITHOUT LAPTOP

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
barbara j Regular Member • Posts: 293
Re: fastest way to offload pics from sd card to ssd WITHOUT LAPTOP

mamallama wrote:

Parisian wrote:

I have tried the following before:

WD Wireless Pro: very unreliable, sometimes transfers 998 out of 1000 pics, missing 2 or even corrupting a few pics. Slow transfer speed, approx 40MB/s.

Transfer via P30 Pro with USB-C powered hub with 3.1Gen2 Ports, Samsung T5 SSD and Paragon exFAT app: Surprisingly even slower, approx. 20MB/s even though all my equipment can do 90MB/s when connected to PC/laptop.

Laptop is the best/most reliable, but a waste of luggage space especially when travelling, when I simply just want to transfer pics on the go.

Gnarbox looks reliable, but super overpriced for what it does.

Any other options I missed out?

Keep them on the original SD card. Carry lots of SD cards. They are inexpensive. Why do you need to transfer them?

You know, my knee jerk reaction is noooooooo, but yes, Why not just take a stack of sd cards.  I carry an iPad to sample the images, why carry a laptop as well 😄

barbara j's gear list:barbara j's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow