Have you ever walked in for one thing and walked out with another?

Started Oct 30, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brandon birder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,872
Have you ever walked in for one thing and walked out with another?

Went to have a look at the EM5m3 at my local stores Olympus event.

I wanted a lighter well functioned camera to use when I travel as a back up for my EM1m2. I already have an EM10m2.

I spent a good 40 minutes trying out the EM5m3 with a variety of my lenses and also some of the pro lenses I don't have.

Anyway I was so impressed with the 12-100 Pro lens which allowed me to use crazy slow shutter speeds on all 3 of these cameras. Speeds that I just couldn't get near to with my kit lens and primes, I decided to get one instead of a mother camera. It felt beautifully balanced on the EM1m2 and surprisingly not to bad on my Em10m2.

So for my next foreign trip I'll just go with this 12-100 lens, the 45 1.8 and a 9-18.

The shop gave me a very good deal on this lens and I am very happy. I reasoned afterwards that investing in good lenses especially when they fill gaps is better than just adding another camera.

What are your stories where this sort of thing has happened to you?

Brandon birder's gear list:Brandon birder's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow