Chasing unnecessary perfection

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Gary from Seattle Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
Re: I don't chase perfection, I chase high quality.

MyReality wrote:

My question to your statement: For what end? For your own personal satisfaction(ego)?

That varies from person to person, but for myself the high quality I seek in an image - and mine are all landscape or nature - is that when I look at the image it is a very good representation of what I saw and appreciated at the time; the image allows me to revisit that scene. By very good I mean properly exposed and with DOF focus in such a manner that nothing that needs to be in focus is disturbingly not so. I don't want flares or distractions in the image either. I want the image to represent well what I saw as I view it from a distance that allows me to see the entire image at the same time - if I so choose. Sure sometimes I look at parts of the image, too, in admiration of nature's beauty, but my expectation of quality remains the same.

For selling prints? Most photographers sell prints not made with the best equipment.

I chase high quality mostly where it counts: doctors, medicine, cars, so I won't die prematurely. Good quality is sometimes acceptable, especially if it saves me money.

Personally, I think m4/3 produces images that are much better than merely good if we, as photographers, are thorough in our imagery.

Gary from Seattle's gear list:Gary from Seattle's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow