Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,805
Re: Chasing unnecessary perfection

bluehighwayman wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

bluehighwayman wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

You've taken the picture, Maybe cropped a bit and maybe done some processing and you are pleased with the result. It looks great on the screen and will print to a decent size, maybe A4/letter. You hit the magnifying glass and sure enough noise is showing and maybe even some unpleasant artefacts none of which showed before you peeked closer. Do you care? Does it ruin your experience? Is it better never to pixel peep because whatever the camera you will always find something you don't like?

Picture over pixel! Every year I do calendar for a local bank. Interestingly enough the winning photo for the cover in 2019 was taken with an iphone beating many FF submissions. It seems art does win over technical quality!

This thread is really full of strange if not straight of weird statements . this one is one among many others

you seem to draw conclusion by mixing the creating tool and the content

also taking a nice picture does not make it art

There's always someone to make an issue out of nothing! Yes the iphone photo was art and way more creative than any other submission.

If you say so . maybe it would  be great if you could share that picture for others to form an opinion

Just reinforces the statement 'it's the photographer not the camera'!

that I can agree with. although it is always better to use a good tool than a barely adequate one

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow