This Month Through Your Adapted Lenses -- October 2019 -- Part 2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
moedius
moedius Contributing Member • Posts: 504
Morning fog, route to work.

There have been so many stunning mornings lately , I've taken to bringing my camera with me on the way to work, keeping it out on the passenger seat.  Wide or wide-ish lens, set it to hyperfocal and shoot fast and frequently through a rolled down window.  I probably deserve a scolding for driving and taking photos at the same time but I'm very cautious.  If I can pull over I do, but most are taken from a moving car (as slow as I can) so composition is often lacking but there are usually at least a few that turn out well, with a little cropping and post.

These were taken yesterday with the Voightlander 35/3.4 at between f5.6 and f11 on the a7ii.  It was challenging to try to bring out some of the atmosphere and elements that were present in person but didn't show up in the shots.  Would be nice if there was more visual consistency to the series, but I couldn't make up my mind while processing and every shot seemed to beg for a different approach.

spooky.  pushed in post more than i would like, but i felt the noise didn't harm the overall atmosphere.

This is the only one where the car was stopped at a stop sign.

-- hide signature --

"Banal ideas cannot be rescued by beautiful execution" - Sol Lewitt

moedius's gear list:moedius's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony a7 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow