Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris5437 New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

Did you make a decision? Last month I was in exactly the same situation with a 6D and wanting a lighter travel camera (that other family members could also easily use). I ended up buying a used but like new M100 from mpb for only 160 gbp, the 22mm also used but like new for 140 and a cheap viltrox adapter. I would have really liked eye-AF of the EV and controls of the M5, but for the budget I had I am very happy.

So far I have been super impressed with the M100. It has the same sensor and image processor as the M5. I'm mainly using it with the 22mm as a quick pick up and go camera. I've started not even taking the 6D sometimes now given how good the results are from the M100.

I'll be interested to hear what decision you made and how you are getting on.

(I think that the M100 sensor and processor is also the same as in the 77D body which sells for over 700 gbp! I think it is amazing value that you can buy a like new M100 body for 160 gbp).

Chris5437's gear list:Chris5437's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M100 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Joo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow