Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
smozes Regular Member • Posts: 282
Re: Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

HaroldC3 wrote:

The M3 was a decent camera there's no doubt. It was my primary camera when I took my family vacation in Hawaii back in 2015 and I got great results from it.

However it suffered from a few bugs that were never fixed.

1. The green vignette issue - some people noticed a green tint in the vignette and this was never addressed by Canon

2. AEB - the AEB bug basically caused the camera to take bracketed shots at like 1-2 fps. I don't recall if anyone actually discovered why.

3. Inconsistent WB - it seems like it was all over the place for me. I shot RAW and I spent a gret amount of time trying to get it correct.

Still, I do not regret my purchase. When I had it, it was definitely an upgrade from the M/M2.

At the time I discussed AEB with Canon support in Japan. Their final answer was that it's working as intended and they regret my inconvenience.

I haven't bought another M since.

smozes's gear list:smozes's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Joo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow