First full frame advise?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP DarbinCo Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: First full frame advise?

Dirk W wrote:

DarbinCo wrote:

I would like to thank everyone for their replies. You all have given me a lot of information to think about.

I have rented a A7R III and a 24-70 f4 from lensrentals, should be here around the middle of next week. The reason for the jump up to the III model was for a couple reasons.

1. Improved menu system (from what I have seen and read anyways) While they say the II was complex and not very well organized, I kinda doubt it would have been any worse than the EM1-II menu system LOL

2. Improved battery life/larger battery and a couple other very small details.

3. I would be 1 less generation behind.. .. for now. Funny when I purchased my first EM1 the MkII came out 3 months later!

Looks like I will be busy taking pictures next week.

Good decision, except for the lens,especially since you photograph landscapes. Try the tamron 28-75 or Sony 24-70 f2.8,it's worlds difference in image quality.

Yea, that was a mistake on my part, I should have asked you all which option in that focal range would be best. I was really looking for something that would replicate the 12-40 f2.8 Pro lens I use on my Olympus kit and not worrying too much on the difference between the 2.8 and the Sony FE 24-70mm f/4 knowing I dont shoot landscapes wide open anyways. Looking at native lenses the reviews seemed ok on the FE so I thought I would give it go. The Tamron is that much better it will most likely be on the shopping list at the end of the day. I just dont remember seeing the Tamron available to rent.

DarbinCo's gear list:DarbinCo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow