It's official : CFexpress is the future

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 10,295
Re: It's official : CFexpress is the future

Batdude wrote:

John Card wrote:

I noticed that in the Canon announcement, and my first thought was the hope that it will drive cheaper CFX cards to market for us. Thank you Canon!

Exactly. I don’t have any problem in using a XQD or CFexpress or whatever, as long as the price is right.

I only use and buy the $40 64GB SD and CF cards for my D4 and XT1 and when I was using the 36MP Pentax K1 I had zero problem with SD as well. All that “reliability” nonsense with CF and SD mem cards have never affected me, ever, and I have shot Maybe about 300,000 up until this day with inexpensive cards with zero failures. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Same here. I have 3 or 4 XQDs, but a 160 mb/s CF in my D4s never slows down, I use some 95 mb/s SD cards in the D500 that never buffers out, and right now I have a 64gb 60mb/s SD card in my D850 that has never buffered out for the burst, at 9 fps, that I shoot.

I think it must be to gear heads, like a higher hp / higher torque engine is in a sports car to car guys. Except that IT'S NOT a high hp / torque engine it's a memory card. So I'm not impressed if someone runs the "wicked fast" CFX cards.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he’s wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he’s right. - Bob Dylan

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow