Jessops, Issues, Closing Stores

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Pontoneer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,067
Re: Jessops, Issues, Closing Stores

dreynoldsart wrote:

I’m not surprised either. If their shops are all like the one in Leeds then it’s no great loss. Their stock is so low it’s not even fun to browse. The independent camera shop in Leeds where I bought my xt-3 is far better, stocked full of goodies with far more knowledgeable staff. I would rather see Jessops go than that.

darren

I agree .

At one time , Jessops were a great chain , with friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff , and a good range of both new and used kit .

It was very easy to find used kit on their website and have it sent to your local branch to examine ; I bought a lot of kit that way .

At one time there were several branches in Glasgow, now the only remaining one , just outside Buchanan Galleries is a dark , unwelcoming place , with very limited stock and nothing to interest me .

At least we still have Wex and Merchant City Camera’s , and plenty of other good dealers from whom I can buy mail order .

I won’t miss Jessops ; they have been gone for a while.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II +39 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow