Borneo rainforest nightwalks with Olympus (part 1)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
kittykat23uk
kittykat23uk Senior Member • Posts: 1,200
Re: Borneo rainforest nightwalks with Olympus (part 1)

Petr Bambousek wrote:

kittykat23uk wrote:

Inspiring shots, I am just back from Borneo myself, we did a lot of night drives, looking for, but sadly not finding, something a bit bigger than insects, but I took a few shots of stuff like this too. Not in your league of course.

all the best

Jo

There is always something out there, and insect is pretty interesting

Yes indeed, it was my third tip to this fascinating country and we of course saw many varied creatures, some large and some small, including a spider that looked like it had been made of white pipe-cleaners!

The big one that I had hoped for, the clouded leopard, eluded us, despite 10 nights in Deramakot driving every night until 0230 and out again from 0530 (seen 1 night before we arrived and again 3 nights after we left). But we has some nice other sightings nonetheless. I will surely post some of my own images in due course (once I have been through the 500GB of images I brought back).

By the way, I liked part 2 as well, looking forward to more. We would certainly welcome a full trip report with your stunning imagery over on safaritalk.net if you have the inclination!

All the best

Jo

-- hide signature --
 kittykat23uk's gear list:kittykat23uk's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow