Do-it-all camera backpack

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffnles1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,563
Re: Do-it-all camera backpack

I went through this about a year ago.  After looking at several different ones, reading reviews, looking at bags again and more thought, I went with the LowePro Protactic 450AW2.

Why?

first, I got tired of looking at reviews and bags and needed to make a decision

The LowePro is a well built bag and held everything I needed.

I liked the "almost" MOLLE attachment points on the pack.  MOLLE accessories will fit and attach to the bag which makes it quiet versatile.

What do I not like?

Its greatest strength is also a weakness.  It is a big backpack.  That means it can hold a lot of stuff.  The bad side is it holds a lot of stuff.  When fully loaded with lots of stuff it is pretty heavy.  It carries nice and the waist strap helps transfer weight to our core body and off your shoulders.

The more stuff you have hanging off the bag, the more cumbersome it becomes.  It is easy to go crazy attaching accessories to the bag (adding to weight).

Overall, I am very well pleased with the bag.  The flexibility to set up the interior however I want is a plus.  Also the semi hard lid is a plus when it's in the back of the SUV with all my other outdoor gear.  I feel my camera equipment is well protected.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

jeffnles1's gear list:jeffnles1's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow