rx100 V where to repair>

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
DUTCH van Atlanta Senior Member • Posts: 1,653
Re: rx100 V where to repair>

I dropped my RX100VI from about 3 ft onto concrete. It landed on the front corner where the battery/SD card door closes. The door popped open, but was able to be closed and latched.

The right front side of the case bulged with a small flat piece of some sort protruding from the seam just in front of the HDMI slot.

A quick test showed that it seemed to be working A-OK, but I could not force that small flat piece back inside the case. I used it just fine for the rest of my trip.

When I got home, I loosened the two tiny Philips head screws at the front edge of the side of the case with a jewelers screwdriver. As the case pulled away, I was able to push that small flat piece back inside and retightened the small screws.

The bulge in the case is gone, and the only evidence of the drop is a very small ding right where the battery door latches. Takes A-OK photos as it did before. I am very happily surprised.

DUTCH van Atlanta's gear list:DUTCH van Atlanta's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow