Do-it-all camera backpack

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
koweb Contributing Member • Posts: 524
Re: Do-it-all camera backpack

JimResnikoff wrote:

I started off with the lowpro fast pack 250 and as the gear grew I wound up with the

Lowepro Protactic 450 aw II

Been using it for close to 6 months I would say and I have no complaints. One of the few packs that will allow a gripped full frame camera through the side access ports your fine. It does feel a bit stiff still but overall I would recommend it. The additional straps / pouches really let you put anything wherever it best suits you.

This is the exact feeling I have gotten from my research on this bag. Nice to hear the same opinion from someone else. Thank you for the input!

Just one caution; there is such a thing as too big. I had a sling bag that was designed for gripped DSLRs, sorry don't recall the brand. I used an X-T10 / 18-55 combo and it was always flopping around. And, smallish Fuji X lenses disappeared into large and deep openings.

I don't know the above Lowepro, so it may work fine, but just a caution nonetheless. I have purchased way too many camera bags (as per my wife), and I've learned a key is the Goldilocks approach; not too big, not too small, just right

-- hide signature --

Bradk

koweb's gear list:koweb's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow