Arizona specific question about Two Guns and Twin Arrows making photos??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AZheaven Contributing Member • Posts: 812
Re: Arizona specific question about Two Guns and Twin Arrows making photos??

Bill Ferris wrote:

AZheaven wrote:

I'm thinking, and Bill Ferris can chime in here, the ruins along the highway, if that's what you are talking about are fake? If you want to see real Indian Ruins, Wupatki on the Sunset Crater loop Rd. is worth the stop, by far my favorite ruins in northern AZ.

Yes, while the Two Guns and Twin Arrows sites are abandoned buildings they're abandoned tourist businesses...a KOA, trading post and gas stations. For the person who enjoys bringing such things to life through photography, they can be fun places to visit and photograph.

I know Kent isn't planning to go farther west than Flagstaff but the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams offers some interesting photo ops. It's been a few years and I doubt this would be approved of by GCR, but the last time I was there I photographed an old Shay steam locomotive.

Wupatki is a great stop for the person who enjoys authentic Native American sites. It is a national monument and the ruins are fairly extensive. Walnut Canyon just east of Flagstaff is another interesting Native American ruin site...smaller but still interesting.

If you make it to Williams this place has great coffee.

https://brewedawakeningsaz.com/

There is a Steam Locomotive just off Grand Canyon Blvd. But what I think Bill is referring to is the actual yard where the trains are maintained? I've delivered there, but not sure if one can just drive there.

I would have recommended Walnut Canyon but was thinking of the over 200+ steps one has to go down, and back up to see the ruins.

As for the ruins I was referring to are the ones just off the 40 that look like Indian Ruins. I was told that they were fake ones before the 40 was built many years ago. And La Posada would be a great place to photography! As would be the restaurant off the 40 near Petrified Forest. The one where the Harvey Girls and Fred Harvey made famous.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow