Are you happy with your m43 cam?

Started 3 weeks ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 14,951
Are you happy with your m43 cam?

I have shot with G1, EPL5, GH2, GH4 and Em1.2. Sometimes with a D800e but very rarely these days (and always).

With all these cams I was really happy, but there was always something I wanted and always after 2 yrs or so something came along that at least in part gave me what I wanted.

With the EM1.2 I look at all the new release and I like them (or not), but I have never felt that my EM1.2 was lacking anywhere. Well AF but that got solved in FW. In a very significant way. So to me personally it does not matter what new mFT cam comes to market. If a new mFT comes along with a clearly better sensor (better than current best APS-c) or very usable handheld Hires while maintaining EM1.2 size and weight I might be interested, but probably only when the price drops below 1000 euro or so. So that is quite an unrealistic demand for the coming years. Agai: in contrast with all other upgrades.

In short: I am happy with my EM1.2 and I do not need anything else. I do not want anything else really. How about you?

May be it is also nice to add what you see in other systems that you really like and (kinda) miss in mFTs?

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
POLL
I am in the same boat. My m43 cam is so good for my kind of shooting that I don't need the next cams (which came do you shoot with now?).
41.4% 104  votes
I like my cam, but if a m43 comes along that is a lot better I will buy it money permitting (add in the comment what it is that you want/miss and what cam you use currently)
46.2% 116  votes
I am on the verge to change systems because m43 just doesn't cut it for me. (please add what it is you miss and again what you shoot with currently).
6.8% 17  votes
None of the above! Tell us what you use and what your thoughts are on this please. Thx!
5.6% 14  votes
  Show results
Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow