Does size really matter that much

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 15,944
Does size really matter that much

I don't really get this thing about cameras being too large unless of course they are impractically large. For the price of an EM5-III you can get a far superior G9 or EM1-II and believe me you'll hardly notice the difference. I get why someone wants a genuinely pocketable camera like the PEN F or GM1 or even an LX but the EM5 is camera sized and even with a small lens you are not likely to stick it in your pocket or your handbag. I've just been travelling and the G9 really has no bigger footprint than an EM5-III for practical purposes. Mind you when I see full frame Canikon DSLR users with battery mounts, I think that's much too big but one of those wouldn't sit comfortably next to me on my aircraft seat.

-- hide signature --

Recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +1 more
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow