Borneo rainforest nightwalks with Olympus (part 1)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Petr Bambousek
OP Petr Bambousek Regular Member • Posts: 240
Re: Borneo rainforest nightwalks with Olympus (part 1)

paul cool wrote:

excellent as ever petr, like to know how well the back pack performed I am in the market for a new one,your kit looks similar to mine although I am minus the em1x ,noticed you have a raynox convertor there too ,also be interested to know how well the flash system 700 fl worked ,I briefly used them at Olympus photographic event but we sort of struggled with them I assume it is practise with them that helps .

Hi, I will write some article about Shimoda later, but if I will get the question if I would buy it again, I would say Yes and than again šŸ˜‚ Regarding to wireless system of Olympus I can say the same, did not find any weekness for my purposes, easy to setup and manage. FL 700 is great tool, only what I am stuggling sometimes in TTL, it doesn't response so well on -EV compensation in particular cases like my previous FL 600. I noticed the flash light distance is changing during compensation unlike in FL 600 where it is constant. When the subject is closer the compensation doesn't work as with FL600. I tried FL900 and the behavior is the same. I usually don't notice this behavior in practical life due to the situations I use the flash seems to be mostly different.

-- hide signature --
 Petr Bambousek's gear list:Petr Bambousek's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow