iPhone 11 Pro vs 1DXii Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 54,993
Re: iPhone 11 Pro vs 1DXii

Dexter75 wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Dexter75 wrote:

I get my photos right when I shoot them so I don’t need to spend a bunch of time in post,

Not always possible. How, exactly, would you use fill-light on the moon or the sun's corona?

Yes, it’s always possible for me. I don’t shoot the moon. I get paid to shoot fashion and glamour work. I control my own light in the studio and I know what I’m doing when I shoot portraits in natural light.

All that is easy stuff technically. Not all of us stick to easy to shoot subjects in easy or controlled conditions. For me, many of those subjects and conditions are miles beyond those any phone can handle.

I recently did a portrait shoot in natural light using the sun behind the subject as a hair light. This naturally required a ton of fill flash to compensate for the powerful backlight.  I doubt HDR could have managed it. The Pixel 4 samples include a shot like this and it's a train wreck.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
tko
MOD Biggs23
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
(unknown member)
AOC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow