Single Click Crop? Lightroom

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
davidedric Veteran Member • Posts: 5,628
Re: Single Click Crop? Lightroom

MarkNicholas wrote:

Victor Engel wrote:

Here is a scenario I wish there were a single-click solution for. Maybe there is, and I don't know how to do it. I'm using Lightroom on a Mac.
Step one: Define a crop size and aspect ratio and apply the crop to all selected photos.
Step two: Center the crop on the desired subject.

Suppose I'm following an airplane at an air show, for example. I'd like the center of mass of the airplane to be in the center of the crop. Currently, what I do is to drag the crop marquee to where I want it. It would be much faster if I could click on the point I wanted to be the center. Is there a way to do this?

I just tried and don't think there is any way to do what you are asking. You have to drag. To be honest I cant see how a single click would be any faster than a quick drag with the grid lines showing.

I think that for this to be implemented it would need to be a single click modified by a key stroke.  I expect it could be done, but I can't honestly see there being much demand.

davidedric's gear list:davidedric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow