***Weekly Wildlife Thread: Oct. 20th - 26th***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Snowfella
Snowfella Contributing Member • Posts: 885
Re: ***Weekly Wildlife Thread: Oct. 20th - 26th***

Well, my only outing last week ended up being a recce visit for a new spot in my local reserve. Been months since I really fed the Azure Kingfisher addiction and after getting told by another birder that he'd found 2 birds mating up and constructing a nest near to where my old mate used to hang out I couldn't help myself.

As per always she seems to find spots with near impossible light so nothing came out, but it did give me a good idea of when the selected perch might get some direct sunlight....so I'll be back bright and early Friday morning!

And it is indeed my old friend who I've been taking shots of since 2015, I can tell by the state of her feet. Over the years she's picked up more and more dark spots on her feet/legs something I've kept track of over the years.

The old girl, note the spotty feet/legs

The new squeeze, clean feet.

If there's eggs in the nest I've got about a 2 week window from laying to hatching and then another 2 weeks before the young fledge. Unfortunately I'll be away for a 1600km roadtrip starting early November so I'll likely miss it.

Snowfella's gear list:Snowfella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Sony a99 II Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow