Do-it-all camera backpack

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP gurraglaa New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Do-it-all camera backpack

Latvus wrote:

Checkout the Mindshift Backlight 18l or the 24l. It’s quite hard to visualize before you try it but for me it turned out to be the best backpack I could think of. There’s not much I would change about it...

I havn't seen this one acctually. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

I agree that having it only openable from a zipper against your back is more secure. But to me that makes it less convenient. I will have to take a closer look at it to make up my mind though, thank you again.

koweb wrote:

For years, I resisted paying the price for a Peak Design Everyday backpack; but finally got a 20L model for a month in Europe this summer. The best backpack I've ever had, and I've had at least a dozen. https://www.peakdesign.com/collections/everyday-bags/products/everyday-backpack?variant=9783969284140

This bag looks gorgeous, there is no denying that. And it is in a similar price range as the Tenba and the Lowepro. I have looked at numerous reviews of it (but not acctually seen it irl yet) and to me it looks better in theory than in practice (granted I have not actually used it myself). To be it looks like the dividers are too few and the compartments they make are quite large. Here is what I mean: video at 11:30. In my eye and with my small camera gear this would either waste space or force me to put several lenses in 1 compartment. Sure, I could buy some extra dividers maybe.

What is your thoughts on this? As i said, the bag looks amazing and I would love to be wrong about this. How do you have your set-up? Care to share some pictures?

gurraglaa's gear list:gurraglaa's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow