Em5.3? Not sure

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JoiseyM43 New Member • Posts: 10
Em5.3? Not sure

Ive been shooting the original EM5 since 2012. I’m ready for an upgrade.

One of the reasons I didn’t upgrade earlier is the emergence of the articulated screen. It seems to be an accommodation to the video enthusiasts at the expense of the still photographer. All the positive reviews of the 5.3 are from vloggers. It seems you need to take a step backwards (EM10 or Pen) to get a tilt screen.

The other thing, as many have stated, the camera introduces nothing new, unlike it’s predecessors. But what I haven’t seen anyone say, is that Olympus, with the introduction of the EM1X has indirectly said, the only way to push the envelope on features and functions beyond what the EM1.2 and the new EM5 offer requires a second Truepic VIII processor.

If that is the case, what can you expect a year from now if you buy a 5.3? Just fixes? New lens drivers?

The sensor is tired, but 20mp is enough for me. I fear the processor is maxed out. If I swallow hard on the screen issue and upgrade to the 5.3, am I buying into a stagnant product line?

Otherwise going to look at Pany offerings with tilt screens. Might also wait to see what the XT-4 brings. If it has tilt and IBIS, that might be my option.

Thanks for your comments.

Dan

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow