See this really interesting interview with Olympus....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,765
Re: See this really interesting interview with Olympus....

whumber wrote:

Kiwisnap wrote:

whumber wrote:

The surprising thing to me from this interview is that they seem to imply that the only difference between the E-M1ii/E-M5iii IBIS and the E-M1X IBIS is the new gyro sensors and some software updates. If that's true, I wonder why they wouldn't bring the new gyro sensor and algorithm to the E-M5iii.

Really?

You wonder why they would not steal one of the technological advantages that may be a selling point for their top camera and stick it in a model far further down the scale?

Coming soon - the Nikon D501 with all the advantages of the D5 but at 33% of the cost....

You realize that the D500 is indeed essentially a D5 with an APS-C sensor, no integrated grip, at less than 33% the cost, right? The real question is why wouldn't Olympus use the newer gyros. They claim to have some limited exclusivity with them so it would make more sense to capitalize on that when they can for their bread and butter camera rather than reserve it for a camera that's never going to sell in large numbers.

I have no engineering insight, but just the sheer size difference between the E-MX and the E-M5 III might present an issue.

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow