Nikon Z50 doesn’t have a built in sensor cleaner.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonBW New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon Z50 doesn’t have a built in sensor cleaner.

Hi everyone. It’s my first post here and I just wanted to inform any who are ordering the Z50 that it is lacking a sensor cleaner. I’m only posting this as some may have ordered or are going to order the camera based on reading the specs on the Nikon USA or Canada website shortly after the announcement was made.

For several days from the announcement date the Nikon website had the specs wrong and it listed it with a sensor cleaner. I was ready to order it myself but then I downloaded the brochure and it didn’t list a sensor cleaner. So this past Thursday I called Nikon Canada and emailed Nikon USA about this. The Canada rep said only one person there had seen the camera and he believed it didn’t have the sensor cleaner so the specs might be off. The USA reps never responded.

Well next day both websites changed the specs showing that there is no sensor cleaner. I took screenshots of the changes on the website if anyone cares to see.

I am not trying to knock the camera as I am still considering it but quite disappointed by this ridiculous omission on a camera of this level supposedly equal to the 7000 series. I’ve been wanting to go mirrorless for awhile and need a very light camera because of weakening health. I’ve been shooting only Nikon for 30 years and want to stay with them for many reasons but am hesitant with this camera because of this omission. I’ve never shot mirrorless before but when the sensor is exposed all the time unlike SLR I tend to think a sensor cleaner is important.

I was surprised at the discrepancy on their website and got to the bottom of it but haven’t really seen this talked about too much so I just thought I’d put the information out there so whoever is buying this camera can make an accurately informed choice.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
NCB
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow